Shteener's Thoughts and Prayers

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Girls Day Out

I had so much fun yesterday. We had our ladies luncheon at church. We had a few guest and Kathy spoke, it was a really good word. I was really happy to see my sister and Riley there. I keep praying that Riley wouldn't know a day without God. That she would grow up in the church and that her love for the Lord would be strong. It saddens me when I think about the things that she is missing out on now. I know she is only 10 months old and that she really doesn't understand but I know from my experience with my daughter and my cousins that starting them out young is the best route. After the ladies luncheon we went to the new consignment shop that my uncle Jim and Kim just opened. It is really nice and the prices are really good as well. I bought some clothes and jewlery, Jen and Heather got some things, I'm not sure if mom got anything or not, and Riley played with a basket full of doilies. She was so cute. She cried when her mother took the basket away from her. The thing was bigger than she is. After we left the shop I went to Gary's and we went for a ride on his motorcycle.....soon to be OUR motorcycle. Cool!!! God is so AWESOME!! You know I used to wallow in life and never really found anything good about it. I figured you lived, you died and that was it. Boy, was I wrong. God is so good and so merciful. He is truly a loving God who only wants the best for his kids. Thank God that I am one of his kids. Well, I need to go for now. I'm tearing up just thinking about how good God is and how much I love Gary.

2 Comments:

At 3:04 PM , Blogger Kat said...

I'm in shock!!! Two updates so close, LOL!!! I am glad you got to have a good time yesterday!!! I want to go to that shop!! Don't worry, Riley WILL grow up knowing the Lord, she has too many Christians in her life not to!!!

 
At 7:43 AM , Blogger Heather Dowling said...

We had lots of fun. We did, we did. AND we have the most adorable niece in the world! R.Jay talks about his bike I think almost everyday now... he's craving the wind and the sound of that engine:) crazy boys!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home