Shteener's Thoughts and Prayers

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Pizza Night with My Father-in-law

Well, I went to my fahter-in-law's the other night with a pizza. Jessy and I visited with him for a couple of hours. He is such a great guy. He has always been here for me and Jessy. He lost his wife almost 2 years ago and now sits alone in his house day in and day out. It is very heartbreaking to watch. He tells me how much he misses Virginia's hugs and just sharing a conversation with her. He truely loved his wife through thick and thin. While we sat there chit chatting he kept looking at my finger. I finally broke down and told him that Gary and I are engaged and that I will be moving to Gouverneur after we are married. He got a little choked up but wished us the best. He and I are very close. I am more like a daughter to him than a daughter-in-law. A friend of his once made a comment to him about his ex daughter-in-law and he quickly corrected him. He advised his friend that I am and always will be his daughter. To bad his son didn't get his genes, he should take a few lessons.

2 Comments:

At 8:09 AM , Blogger Kat said...

Yeah his son should a taken a few lessons. But at least God made it up to you in a big way!!!

 
At 5:11 AM , Blogger Heather Dowling said...

You crack me up. His dad sounds absolutely delightful:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home